WELCOME
Welcome to The Eleventh Hour. We are a post-Firestar roleplay set in the new lake territories, and are AU after the end of the main series. Peace has reigned through the Clans for many moons, but now that peace has fractured and split among the mysteries surrounding their home. Cats are dying with only one thing in common: They are all found floating in, or laying wet and muddy around the lake. The Clans have begun to lash out at one another in fear and confusion, and only RiverClan seems to hold the key to preventing an all-out war. With an entirely member-driven (you decide the outcome!) plot, a mere two hundred minimum word count, and a friendly, active user base, we hope that you like what you see and will consider joining us.
best in google chrome
WEATHER
green-leaf: temperatures between 70° and 95°f. rain currently threatens the sky. prey is difficult to find, and skinny.

STAFF TEAM
Want to learn more about our lovely staff members? Check out our bios here!
HIGH RANKS
THUNDERCLAN • 25♂ • 18♀ • 02○ • TOTAL: 43
RIVERCLAN • 19♂ • 15♀ • 00○ • TOTAL: 34
SHADOWCLAN • 23♂ • 23♀ • 02○ • TOTAL: 48
WINDCLAN • 20♂ • 20♀ • 00○ • TOTAL: 40
CLANLESS • 05♂ • 06♀ • 00○ • TOTAL: 11
Please double and triple check our BANS & ENCOURAGEMENTS before you make a new character! » UPDATED ON 8/10/2015.
SPOTLIGHT
July 2015
member — SHARPIE
male — OSPREYWING
female — ROSIE
couple — HARESTAR & JADE
friendship — FENNELPAW & CHERRYPAW
hateship — DARKSTORM & HORNETSTORM
youngster — LEAFPAW
quote — BY VULTUREHEART (BRIGGS), A NEW PATH TO TREAD
"I don't give a mouse's tail what anybody else might think of us or whatever difference in rank they might see. There is none to me. You are a dear, dear friend to me, Oakwhisker, and I'm honored you feel the way you do. To tell the truth, there is no one else, there never has been. As long as I was serving ShadowClan, I thought that would be okay. But I was wrong. I do love you, Oakwhisker, and I would be just as honored to walk with you, if that's what you want."
CREDITS
Site concept and skin (When I See You Again) created by Rowan for use on The Eleventh Hour only. We give thanks to Becky at Candyland Couture for the mini-profiles. CFS codes by ree. Images, characters and side plots are copyrighted to their respective owners. The Warriors series belongs to the lovely ladies known as Erin Hunter, and is published by HarperCollins. Thank you for visiting!

CHAT BOX.
[ Activity Check & OTMs!! ] [ Prey Shortage ] [ RC Patrol ]
You are all loved and admired.
Don't forget to do your claims! • CBOX RULES
NEWSLETTER.
AUGUST 25, 2015 Hey, guys! Sorry for the lack of events; between preparing for the new year of uni and trying to get SkyClan in order, there hasn't been much time for brainstorming. The month of September will, however, be chuck-full of stuff for you guys to enjoy to make up for it. That said, the August Activity Check and OTM Nominations have been posted. Please post there as soon as possible if you plan on sticking around.

AUGUST 05, 2015 Hey, guys; don't forget to give this a look-see. We've been seeing quite an unrealistic amount of forbidden relationships (especially regarding the site's medicine cats), so this thread contains some important new information regarding that.

AUGUST 04, 2015 OTM badges are running a little late, because I (Rowan) have to reinstall Photoshop before I can make them. They should start appearing on your mini-profiles within a day or two.

JULY 30, 2015 We have added a board for retroactive threads, titled the Hall of Dreams! This board is for anything that happened in a character's past - including things pre-site or things that never got a chance to be threaded out. All of the usual site rules apply!

JULY 25, 2015 The monthly Activity Check and OTM Nominations have been posted! Please reply to the thread as soon as possible. Also, we're working diligently on SkyClan's site lore, so expect them to make an appearance before Summer's end!

JULY 05, 2015 Ohoho, so soon? Yes! Another FLASH EVENT is taking place over in ShadowClan! Go protect your territory from a desperate fox!

JULY 04, 2015 Happy 4th of July, everyone! In celebration, an adder is attacking the ThunderClan nursery! Hurry and take part in this very fun FLASH EVENT. If you don't have any TC cats, don't worry; we will have stuff for everyone at some point. Stay tuned!

JUNE 25, 2015 We ask that you all please take a look at this post within the activity check thread, as it contains some important information regarding the OTMs.

JUNE 25, 2015 The monthly activity check and otm nominations have been posted! Please reply to the thread by July 1st, or you will risk deletion.

JUNE 21, 2015 Green-leaf has officially started on EH, and with it comes another event! This event will last for about two weeks, so have at it! The deadline has also been chosen for our SkyClan high positions, and it will be on June 28, 2015. However, they will likely not be announced until a few days after that, as we have implemented a new staff voting system for these sorts of decisions.

JUNE 20, 2015 Alright, congrats to our newest moderator, Aspen! All of the applications were beyond fantastic. This has literally been the hardest decision we've ever had to make, and I truly wish we could just wrap you all up in a tiny modlet blanket and keep everyone, but there will be more opportunities in the future, I'm sure.

JUNE 19, 2015 Friendly reminder for everyone to please post in this thread once you've finished your character. Sometimes it's hard for us to be able to tell which apps are done and which are not, which then leads to us taking forever to review and accept them. We don't like to keep people waiting for too long before they're able to play their characters, so this just makes it easier for us. Thanks!

JUNE 16, 2015 Seeing as how we've been seeing a lot of this lately, the rules have been updated.

JUNE 09, 2015 We now have a weather box! It can be found right beneath our welcome message, so please look to it when starting up new threads. This will be updated daily or weekly to keep things fresh, depending on how long the weather pattern holds.

JUNE 05, 2015 Today marks one year since EH's grand opening, and we are celebrating with a brand new skin! Not only that, but be sure to keep your eye out for several goodies throughout this month, including (but not limited to) contests and events. Here's to the future!

JUNE 04, 2015 In light of Tinsel's departure for the time being, Batnose has become the new ShadowClan medicine cat. Now, the reason we didn't hold auditions is simple; because Orchidsong didn't hold the position for long, we felt it to be reasonable that we fall back on someone else who had auditioned at the same time, and therefore we reviewed the old auditions one more time. Congratulations!

MAY 30, 2015 Training Threads and Pregnant Leaders / Deputies will no longer show up as a merit, just to keep things a little bit cleaner, as we're sure a lot of people will purchase training threads. This will prevent merit repeats for items. If your Training Thread or Pregnant Leader / Deputy item is still showing up as a merit, please PM Rowan and she will fix it. In similar news, we've limited the number of a single item permitted to be in your inventory at a time to one. This will hopefully prevent people from hoarding, and allow others to have a chance at snagging the item they need. Only one more day remains in the activity check, so please post if you plan on sticking around!

MAY 29, 2015 Please welcome Brandad to the EH Crew!! He is our newest moderator, so please don't hesitate to ask him questions and offer your congratulations!

MAY 28, 2015 Sadly, Tinsel has decided to step down from her position of staff. We will miss her, however she will definitely be welcomed back to the team if she ever decides she wants to help out again! She is not leaving the site, and will remain a beloved member of our community.

MAY 25, 2015 The monthly activity check and otm nominations have been posted.

MAY 19, 2015 Congratulations to Tyl and her character, Darkstorm, on becoming the new WindClan deputy! Thank you to everyone else who auditioned, too. You made the decision incredibly difficult for all of us (and Bran). We look forward to seeing how WC develops from here.

MAY 18, 2015 Don't forget to drop by our mentor and apprentice pairings thread to let us know when you've got enough posts in a thread. We try to stay on top of it, but some threads still manage to slip past us.

MAY 16, 2015 This is a reminder for everyone to please log into all your accounts daily, even if you don't post. It really helps us out when we recycle things. Also, remember that there is still a prey shortage! I've noticed a lot of threads where the hunting parties have been quite successful, however they should not be. Some prey is fine, of course, but you should not be finding large quantities of prey, and it shouldn't be large and/or plump when it is found. Yes, this applies to RiverClan, too; the fish are at an all-time low, as well, more likely to be found dead.

MAY 13, 2015 Congratulations to Tinsel and her character, Orchidsong, for becoming the new medicine cat of ShadowClan! If you didn't get it, we're sorry; there were a lot of great auditions, and there will surely be more opportunities to audition for another spot in the future. For instance, did you know that WindClan currently needs a deputy? The deadline for that has been set for May 19th, so go audition while you can!

MAY 10, 2015 Syn has chosen to step down from her role as WindClan leader. She is fine, so don't worry; she just doesn't feel like she can be active enough to hold that position. However, she will be keeping Reedwhisker, one of the RiverClan medicine cats, and Acornstar is still alive (now known as Acornbelly); we are still determining his reasons for stepping down. This means that Harenose has been promoted, and that WindClan Deputy auditions are now open!!

MAY 06, 2015 Congratulations to Nocturne and her character, Rooktail, for becoming the new deputy of RiverClan! We will be naming the new ShadowClan Medicine Cat on May 13th, so get your auditions in by then if you're interested!

MAY 01, 2015 The activity check has ended, and any inactive accounts have now been purged from the site. If you have returned, or you were somehow deleted by mistake, we ask that you simply remake your accounts and PM Rowan, so that she can restore your things.

APRIL 30, 2015 The activity check and otm voting will end tomorrow, so please post if you're still active, and haven't yet. If you don't have an active absence thread, you will be deleted if you don't post! There are also meetings going on in ThunderClan, ShadowClan, and WindClan that you guys can feel free to post in if you're looking for something quick to do. c:

APRIL 30, 2015 It's recently been called to my (Rowan's) attention that I may have handled Mericet's leaving quite poorly, and I would like to make it right. This should have been made on the day that she left us (which would have officially been April 27th, 2015), but here it goes, and I hope it's not too late for it to mean anything. Mer has decided that EH is not in her best interests anymore, and has decided to leave. However, I would like to say that she put a lot of time and effort into EH, helping me to make it the fantastic success it has been all this time, and I will forever be grateful to her for that. She drove me to make updates when I was being a bit slow, and when activity was low, she logged in and encouraged others to do so as well. She's the reason we have an automated marketplace now, and that awards system? Thank her for that. She loved the site as much as I do, so please understand that her leaving was through no fault of her own. As for her characters, she has said that they are all dead (except for adopted ones, which may be put back up for adoption), but she has requested that no details about their deaths be given, and I'd like you all to respect that wish. Thank you.

APRIL 29, 2015 Our new RiverClan Deputy will be announced on May 6th, so get those auditions in while you can!

APRIL 25, 2015 As per the usual, our Activity Check and OTM Nominations have been posted for the month of April. Please post, and vote as soon as you are able! From now on, those who don't vote in the OTMs will not be allowed to win in the category that they did not vote in. Any empty spaces will be chosen by our staff.

APRIL 21, 2015 The raid has ended with Stonestar's reveal that it is not the Clans killing off the cats... something is wrong with the lake.

APRIL 18, 2015 We now have a StarClan sub-board available for you all to roleplay the dead kitties that you've kept around! We don't want to see a bunch of freshly made dead cats, however; this is mainly for characters who have died on site. One or two cats from one of your living characters' pasts is alright, just don't go overboard please. Thank you!

APRIL 12, 2015 Due to the amount of people starting up a forbidden romance, which we feel to be quite unrealistic to the way that the warriors world works, it is now required that you purchase this from the marketplace. You will need to do this even if you've already begun your relationship, otherwise it will not be permitted to continue. If you've already given birth to forbidden kits, please PM Rowan or Mericet and they will gift you the forbidden romance, but only if you've already gotten that far. Thank you, and we hope you understand.

APRIL 09, 2015 Congratulations to Tinsel for being selected for biography moderator and to Zebra for becoming our new advertisement moderator! Be sure to give these two warm hugs when you see them. Good job everyone who auditioned, it was hard to choose between all of you!

APRIL 03, 2015 Currently, the staff team is accepting moderator auditions! They're open to members new and old, and we wish all you hopefuls good luck! We would also like to congratulate Bran, with his character Harenose for achieving deputy in WindClan!

MARCH 24, 2015 Congratulations to Golden, and Maplecloud for becoming the newest ThunderClan Deputy! Thank you to everyone who tried out; it was a truly difficult decision to make.

MARCH 22, 2015 The March activity check and OTMs have been posted! Please reply by April first. Thank you!

MARCH 17, 2015 The deadline for the ThunderClan Deputy Auditions has been decided: March 24, 2015. If you are interested in the position, please have your audition in by then. Thank you, and happy St. Patrick's Day!

MARCH 12, 2015 New skin! As always, please let us know if you find anything out of place or awkward, or if any of the colours sear out your eyeballs. Remember to please log into all your accounts daily, even if you don't post; it really helps us out when we recycle things.

MARCH 09, 2015 Due to Fallow's current situation, she has decided to downsize. As a result, sadly, Whitestep will be resigning, and ThunderClan Deputy Auditions are now open! Be sure to get your auditions in asap. WindClan MCA will remain closed until Zebra feels like Owlberry is ready to take on a new apprentice.
EDIT Fallow is alright, she just isn't able to be around much and felt that it was unfair for her to have high positions while she's on hiatus. She appreciates your concern and will be doing her best to keep us updated on how she is. <3

FEBRUARY 28, 2015 Friendly reminder for everyone to please log into all your accounts daily! It makes it easier on us when we recycle things. Thank you!

FEBRUARY 24, 2015 The February activity check and OTMs have been posted and end March third. Please post! <3

FEBRUARY 23, 2015 Due to our growing member base (and because of a recent incident on my part), you are now able to reserve names for up to one week at a time to make sure that your prefix does not get snatched up before you are able to finish your bio. Please visit the name claim to do so. On a brighter note, I am pleased by the rate at which the raid is moving! Keep it up!

FEBRUARY 19, 2015 Congratulations, Mothpaw, on becoming the newest member of ThunderClan's medicine team! A big thank you to all who applied for the position — you all definitely succeeded in making this difficult for me with your stunning applications!

FEBRUARY 19, 2015 It's about to get real over in ThunderClan, as the RAID has been started! The character excerpt contest has been closed, too, and the results of that will be posted momentarily. The ThunderClan MCA auditions are closed! Results will be posted by Moonaloo later today.
PARTNERS.
hole in the sky {warriors}

Add Reply
New Poll

filthy creatures | flash event, foxes on sc territory! open to all
PREDATOR
 Posted: Jul 5 2015, 01:12 AM
Predator
Events
i eat you maybe
9 posts
590 beetles

mentor: N/A
apprentice: N/A

Merits

N/A

FOXES
highly dangerous, possible wounds and death.
she prowled between the pines, her body held low to the ground. four squirming, helpless cubs waited for her return, depended on her success that afternoon. she nuzzled him before she left, making him swear over and over he would watch the cubs while she searched for food. he offered, as he always did, but he was a better father than a hunter. she would bring something back, she had to. she birthed late, and the cubs would depend on her dwindling milk supply for a little while longer. already, the smallest cub looked so weak...

she froze, hearing the scuffling of pine needles. her nose twitched, her heart beating rapidly against her chest...

but it was nothing, just the wind moving them around. she sighed and went forward, her paw steps a little heavier than before. one thing, she repeated silently to herself. just one thing.

A breeze blew past her and with it, it carried a familiar scent. she heard voices, high pitched and mewling, the words utterly formless and strange to her ears. cats. they would find her. they would find her mate and they would kill her babies.

not unless she killed these cats first.

she bared her fangs.

to be injured:
juni, egg
PM BRAN TO BE ADDED TO THE INJURED LIST

PM
^
JUNIPERPAW
 Posted: Jul 5 2015, 03:12 AM
Sharpie
Shadow
Apprentice
20 posts
350 beetles

mentor: Thistletail

Merits

you're a drifter ,
Juniperpaw had separated himself from the main hunting patrol he was with in order to practice his hunting crouch without being stared at. Even after two moons of trying to perfect it, he was still struggling owed to his long legs. Well, that and the fact that he threw himself more wholeheartedly into his fighting lessons than his hunting ones; when fighting he felt he had something to prove, something to focus upon. Hunting was a matter of patience and silence. The latter was easy, given his usual solitude, yet the former... Juniperpaw was not a patient tom. He gave a growl of frustration as he, for the third time, fell flat on his face, his mouth filling with the taste of dirt and pines. He spat it out and picked himself up, taking noisy steps forward.

Not a few moments later, Juniperpaw tasted something else in the air. His senses were confused by the lingering taste of forest that had flooded them, yet he knew it was not something he had scented before. It was new. For once in his life, Juniperpaw hesitated, practicality winning out over headstrong anger. It could be prey but what if it was something dangerous? The scent was warm and sharp, pungent, like nothing he had experienced before; it sent tingles down to his paws and a shiver through his spine. To either his credit, or as a sign of his ignorance, Juniperpaw was brave and he proceeded, steps somewhat gentler steps.

It didn't take long before he found the source. Peering at it from a few fox-lengths away, Juniperpaw's breath hitched in his breath. Fox. The elders tales came rushing back to him all at once, about nurseries decimated and grown but unwary warriors left to die. His muscles bunched up and he crouched, ready to move if necessary, tail lashing "OVER HERE!" Juniperpaw was reluctant to admit it, but he did not believe he could take on a fully grown fox alone. Perhaps the patrol would hear him. If not, well, they would just have to change his name to Foxslayer.

349 words for gross fox & sc
lame quick post is lame. someone save Juni's dumb butt
PM
^
EGGFUR
 Posted: Jul 5 2015, 07:36 AM
cake
Shadow
Warrior
12 posts
0 beetles

mentor: shadeflower

Merits

i'm not passive but aggressive, take note it's not impressive.

Eggfur was happy to volunteer for the hunting patrol. As useless as her clanmates thought the mute she-cat was, hunting was something she was able to do, and do well. Or, in her opinion, anyway. She could catch a mouse or a frog without much difficulty. Taking down bigger things - well, she usually left that to her clanmates. No taking out crows or rats or anything big enough to hurt her.

Eggfur had a small toad hanging limply from her jaws as she trotted back towards the group to see Juniperpaw heading off. She buried her toad quickly, flicking a look over her shoulder - it was never really wise for someone to go off on their own, especially not an apprentice. She may have only been twice his age, but she was a warrior, and it was her responsibility to make sure that he didn't get hurt. Or, that's what she liked to tell herself. She may never have an apprentice to call her own, but she looked out for all of them, like they were all those annoying little siblings you wished you never had.

She had just finished burying the toad when Juniperpaw's panicked voice met her ears. They pricked and she turned her head. She could just about see him through the trees. He looked scared by whatever he had seen. Eggfur tasted the air, letting the scent of the apprentice drift over her glands. What was mixed with it sent a cold shiver up her spine. Fox.

She gave a bark to her fellow warriors - one of those weird garbled noises she was capable of making - and ran, feet kicking up needles and leaves and dry earth. She was beside Juniperpaw in an instant, pressing her flank against his. Her green eyes met the fox and she snarled, standing on her toes as she arched her back and made herself look as threatening as possible. She wasn't that much bigger than Juniperpaw - if one of the other warriors didn't arrive in time and the fox went for them, Eggfur decided then and there - she would push the apprentice out of the way and distract the fox. After all, he still had a life to live, his warrior name to receive, and if she could receive her warrior name, anyone could. Even Juniperpaw.

PM
^
FOGHEART
 Posted: Jul 5 2015, 07:51 AM
echoes
Shadow
Warrior
89 posts
1000 beetles

mentor: wrenfeather
apprentice: BRACKENPAW

Merits

Fogheart was glad to be out on the hunting patrol. It was so much better than being stuck in the camp, feeling rather useless. This way he might actually be useful, he might be able to catch something and help to feed the clan. He had to confess he missed having an apprentice to teach, but maybe one day soon he would get another when a kit came of age to become an apprentice.

He heard Juniperpaw's voice before the scent hit him, before he realised what the apprentice had found. He turned to follow the sound of his voice and then froze in his tracks. Fox. He smelled fox. He ran after Eggfur as he saw her go in that direction, unwilling to leave the two smaller cats alone anywhere near a fox. He hissed when he saw it standing there and instantly moved to stand between it and the smaller cats. He was much larger, more of a threat. Perhaps that would be enough to make it back off.

He was rarely serious, rarely anything more than a giant goofball, but in that moment he was deadly serious. "Go," he hissed to the two of them. "Eggfur, take Juniperpaw and get away from here." He spoke with urgency, though he never once took his eyes off the predator in front of him. There was no trusting foxes, no turning your back on them. This one would be a challenge in a fight and he was not giving it the chance to attack first while he wasn't looking. He had never had to fight a fox, he didn't know if he would win or die trying, but he did know that he had to protect them from it. He just had to.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
BEETLESKIP
 Posted: Jul 5 2015, 04:07 PM
Adder
Shadow
Warrior
14 posts
850 beetles

mentor: mudhowl

Merits

N/A

Hunting had never been Beetleskips forte. With his crossed eyes and poor ability to stay focused for an extended period of time, the odds just weren't in his favor. It wasn't uncommon for the black and white tom to break away from any hunting patrol he was assigned to early on so that he could hunt privately. He was a kind tom, one that didn't often pick up on insults thrown his way, but he had noted the ones he'd caught on to were usually thrown his way on a hunting patrol. True, he was no hunter like his esteemed half brother, mate to their leader, Swiftjaw. And unlike their father he was no warrior of strength. Beetle was kind, he was naive and a gentle heart. Beetleskip had never really felt he fit in with the rest of Shadowclan and what their name usually conjured in the hearts of others. But it was his home, and they were his family.

His mind was on other things as he picked quietly through the forest alone, having separated from the group the first chance he got. Beetle was thinking about his treasures, which was commonplace. The tom loved gathering 'treasures'. Shiny rocks, pretty feathers, curious bits of two leg trash (typically empty cans, an occasional shard of glass, two lost keys). When he had first started collecting back in the apprentices den, the tom had hid them under his nest. But within no time his hoard had grown so that when he lay down for the night he could feel the chunky lump at the bottom of his nest. It would not be easily hid for long, and so bit by bit he hid what he had throughout the territory. Each stash ordered by significance. His favorite treasures were hidden particularly well.

Beetleskips head shot up, his crossed yellow eyes sweeping the forest floor. He smelled something...something strange... The fur along his tail rose until it was but a black brush as he sought the source of the stink. AH HA! He zipped through the wood in the fashion which has earned him the suffix 'skip' and came to a screeching halt next to a dead squirrel. Squinting at the thing, Beetleskip wrinkled his nose up at the smell. It was long past suitable for their consumption, this he was well aware of. But with times so tough... Almost on cue his stomach let out a rumble. Cocking his head at the thing, the tom thought then to the large black birds, crows, he had seen eating similar dead things near the thunderpath. Perhaps crow didn't taste terrible if it were something they needed... Yes!
Tail quivering in excitement he grabbed the stinking squirrel by the tail and bounced off in the direction of the patrol he had left behind. It noisily drug behind him through the leaves and twigs but Beetleskip thought not of it scaring off LIVE prey and only of his excitement over the idea he'd had. His clan mates would be so pleased (at least he hoped)! The excitement that squirmed in his belly suggested that perhaps for once, they would congratulate sweet sweet Beetle for a job well done! So often he received scorn instead... It only fueled his need to please them.

The stink that trailed along with him masked the scent he certainly should have been aware of. His rapid heartbeat in his ears and the loud rustle of leaves as his paws pound through them and the squirrel dragged behind him, perhaps coupled with his absent minded excitement, caused him to miss the voices of his clanmates entirely. Crossed eyes shining proudly he charged ahead. Through the brush ahead he caught a glimpse of orange fur. Lionheart had joined them! While the orange furred she cat hadn't always been kind to him, she was a good hunter. The black and white tom erupted from the bushes, charging straight into the clearing before he'd actually looked around even a little bit. He'd nearly plowed right into the rear end of the fox before the scent covered that of his dead squirrel. Beetles crossed eyes focused in on the hulking orange creature that DEFINITELY wasn't Lionsong. His heart began to pound in his chest like a fluttering bird desperately trying to escape the grasp of its hunter. The squirrel dropped out of his mouth as a screech tore through his parted jaws. Spitting at the orange predator, Beetleskip bounced backwards on stiff legs, spotting three of the hunting patrol on the otherside of the fox.

-------------------------------
Words: 761
Tags: fox, fog, juniper, egg
Notes: wut an idiot
PM
^
SOOTFROST
 Posted: Jul 9 2015, 01:02 AM
Rial
Shadow
Apprentice
24 posts
0 beetles

Merits

N/A

i'm a leading man and the lies

i weave are oh so intricate
They had a fine hunting patrol going, strong fighters all and capable hunters. Sootfrost saw something of himself in Juniperpaw, and rather liked helping him when he could. Perhaps one day, when Sootfrost worked his way up to rule all the clans, Juniperpaw would be a trusted deputy, or enforcer. He had the personality for it, in Sootfrost's mind.
Sootfrost had gotten distracted by the scent of a lizard, and stepped away from the hunting patrol to follow it, resulting in muddy paws and a scratch across his nose from a sharp branch but no fresh-kill. Then Juniperpaw's panicked shout brought his attention, and Eggfur's warning bark brought him running, large frame thudding through the brush.
And there, across from Juniperpaw and Eggfur, was a fox. Then Fogheart placed himself between the fox and the two smaller cats, and Sootfrost began working his way around the foul-smelling creature to be behind it. Another sound caught his attention, and another smell, and Beetleskip nearly ran straight into the fox's hindquarters.
Sootfrost snarled in irritation, pushing ahead of Beetleskip towards the fox, raising his voice in a wordless yowl. He had fought off a fox before, moons ago now, and was sure that he alone could drive this one away. It would be even easier with his clanmates here.
The fresh cut on his nose itched, and he yowled again, in annoyance and anger.
@FAUX – 232 – soot ur gonna get ur butt kicked
♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
PREDATOR
 Posted: Jul 10 2015, 10:33 AM
Predator
Events
i eat you maybe
9 posts
590 beetles

Merits

N/A

FOX
saliva dripped down her canine teeth as she looked upon the five cats that assembled before her. only one looked like he could be trouble-- the large, fluffy grey one, who barked orders in his strange mewling language to the others. the white one and the tiny grey one were weak. she could probably finish them off in i a few strikes. she didn't much like the taste of cat, but she'd eat anything for her babies right then and there.

her nose twitched as more cat scent crossed her nose -- a black and white one behind her, and an angry grey one. an uneasy feeling made her stomach lurch-- perhaps she should flee? but she couldn't. she needed to bring back food one way or another.

turning back to the first group of three, she snarled. she had a plan in her mind. the big fluffy grey one, she could ignore for a tiny bit. she'd take out the white one and the tiny grey one. she could probably get the black and white one, because he seemed pretty stupid. the angry grey one...maybe. she'd take what she could and lead the bigger one away, wait until they stopped looking for her and she'd drag her loot back to her hungry cubs and loving mate.

easy, right?

baring her fangs once more, she lunged for the white one and the little grey one with snapping jaws, ideally aiming for their throats but looking to grab whatever bit of them she could.

PM
^
Blizzardstrike
 Posted: Jul 10 2015, 12:33 PM
Blizzardstrike
N/A posts
beetles

mentor:
apprentice:

Merits

BLIZZARDSTRIKE
You don't see what you possess, a beauty calm and clear; It floods the sky and blurs the darkness like a chandelier.
Blizzardstrike wasn't the best hunter in the clan, nor was she the worst. She was more on the average side; with her impulsiveness getting in the way of her true hunting potential. Her sensitive nostrils were flared to pick up even the faintest of scents, and she tasted the air occasionally just to make sure that she didn't miss even a fading odor blowing away on the breeze. She hadn't bothered to groom her thick ivory and silver fur before leaving camp to hunt by herself, but who needed to look pretty when you had more important things to do? The only time Blizzardstrike groomed her long fur was when she either fell into something particularly nasty or if she had been stalling for a generous portion of time.

Blizzardstrike released a low growl, swinging her broad head around the surrounding marshes before rising from her stalking crouch and reaching her full height. She was ready to give up; to throw in the towel and just go back to camp with empty paws. However, prey was running scarce here in Shadowclan territory, and if the she-cat returned back to camp without even a morsel of food, she would likely be forced to go out and hunt again. Better get this over as fast as I can. Blizzardstrike thought, her lip faintly curling as sapphire optics darted from side to side. If Icestreak was here, the hunting trip would have gone much faster. She lacked her sister's thick pelt and foul attitude. She was also fast; making her an excellent hunter.

For what felt like the one hundredth time, Blizzardstrike tasted the air and visible tensed at the faint waft of crow. She wasted no time, traveling on silent paws as she trolled as swiftly as she could through Shadowclan's marshes. Every once in a while she massive she-cat would stop to taste the air again and determine how far away her target was, occasionally getting her thick fur caught on the surrounding vegetation and having to work her way out with several agitated muted snarls and growls. Finally, Blizzardstrike's deep blue eyes settled upon the body of a lone black shape pecking at the earth, one of its wings dragging limply behind it at an awkward angle. There was a flash of white and the snapping of a fragile body, and then all was silent.

The mountainous warrior rasped her tongue around her muzzle, licking away the scarlet blood that had splattered into her ivory fur while sinking her sharp fangs into the crow's neck and snapping it with no hesitation. Finally her job had been completed. She could go back to camp, throw the thing on the fresh kill pile, and flop down to either talk with Icestreak or for once groom her tangled ivory pelt. Blizzardstrike lifted the limp body of the crow and began to pad back in the direction of camp, her sapphire eyes lazily flickering across the surrounding undergrowth just out of paranoia.

Sudden panicked meows met the mountain's perked audits, and she released an annoyed huff at the sound. What were they doing? Trying to scare away what remaining prey still lived here? Blizzardstrike swiftly dug a hole in the ground before dropping her catch and covering it with wet earth; wasting no time traveling on quick paws towards the sources of the meows and snarls. The mountain's maw opened to inquire to why they were making so much unwanted noise, but froze at the foul scent of fox. Her head swiveled towards the massive creature, and a snarl played on her muzzle as she widened her stance and lashed her tail.

Suddenly, the fox was leaping towards the two smallest cats in the patrol; some apprentice that Blizzardstrike didn't bother to learn the name of and a cat that she recognized as Eggfur. What was she supposed to do? It would be mouse-brained to leap in front of the fox and get killed by its sharp, ivory fangs. So she stood a little ways away, curling her lip and the vile canine and watching through hardened chips of sapphire ice.
GAT
Tagged: Everyone
SDROW
Words: 693
SETON
Notes: Stupid cat ^
^
EGGFUR
 Posted: Jul 10 2015, 05:45 PM
cake
Shadow
Warrior
12 posts
0 beetles

mentor: shadeflower

Merits

i'm not passive but aggressive, take note it's not impressive.

The fox leaped, and Eggfur pushed Juniperpaw hopefully out of the way.

Snapping jaws and sharp ivory teeth connected with her hind leg and she let out a gurgling yowl - a guttural shriek of pain that echoed off of the pine trees around them. Foxdung piece of--!! was the she-cat's last coherent thought as pain seared through her very being.

Despite it, she still aimed furious claws at the fox's face, tearing at her as she snarled and wheezed and made every damn noise she was capable of. The fox shook her and she felt something snap - a white hot pain coursed through her veins and she felt like she was dying.

But the fox dropped her, blood dripping from her teeth as it turned to Juniperpaw. No! Eggfur screeched and smacked at the fox again, a flurry of claws despite the pain. She gasped and fell backwards, hazarding a look at her leg. It was hanging - hanging weirdly. Blood oozed from her wounds, staining her white fur a pink colour. Eggfur's green eyes went wide - with pain, with worry, she didn't know. Was she going to die?

Blood flowed lazily from her wounds as she felt her heart seize up. Where was Batnose? Dandelionwhisker? Sagepaw? Was she going to bleed out, cold and alone, on the pine needles of the forest floor?

PM
^
JUNIPERPAW
 Posted: Jul 11 2015, 11:40 AM
Sharpie
Shadow
Apprentice
20 posts
350 beetles

Merits

you're a drifter ,
Perhaps fortunately for Juniperpaw his clanmates began to emerge from the surrounding forest, though he never heard them coming, nor smelled them for that matter. Eggfur was the first to appear, followed shortly by Fogheart. Juniperpaw had never thought much of either of them, they seemed far too passive, too considerate, in his eyes. Although he supposed that, practically, having some amiable clanmates was useful, it made them seem weak in his eyes. Even if Eggfur was moderately pretty in most ways, though he especially felt that her clear green eyes were...not ugly. He dug his claws into the warm, loamy, soil and pinned his ears right back against his skull. The fur along his spine rippled and rose, standing erect. For all his hissing, however, he was still small in comparison to his clanmates and, only a few moons out of the nursery.

--The thing came at him, all claws and teeth. In that moment, even if it was only for a few seconds, Juniperpaw froze. Never had he felt so scared in all of his life and though he managed to push the fear down and recover his previous fearless bravado it was too late. Eggfur had already intercepted the stinking beast and was fighting claw and tooth against it.

He had the sense to move as he watched red patches emerging on Eggfur's pelt. Blood. She was hurt. In that moment instinct kicked in and he leaped towards the fox, kicking with his backlegs as as hard as he could, trying to latch onto the fox. It didn't matter to him where he landed but. But he didn't know, honestly. He was caught up in the heat of the moment and his motivations were lost to him. All that mattered was clawing the fox to pieces: nothing else.

302 words for gross fox & sc | rip egg's leg
PM
^
SOOTFROST
 Posted: Jul 14 2015, 03:46 PM
Rial
Shadow
Apprentice
24 posts
0 beetles

Merits

N/A

i'm a leading man and the lies

i weave are oh so intricate
The fox seemed to hesitate for a moment, then lunged for Eggfur and Juniperpaw. Sootfrost was too far away from her to stop her, so he bolted forward to help. Eggfur pushed Juniperpaw out of the way, but the fox viciously attacked her and then dropped her. Sootfrost dodged around the fox, swiping at it as he ran to Eggfur's side.
"Come on, Eggfur, let's get out of their way so they can fight this beast off. I think you did good during your own fight with it." He glanced around, and spotted Blizzardstrike standing to one side, watching as Juniperpaw threw himself at the fight. Sootfrost narrowed his eyes at Blizzardstrike, growling in annoyance at the slightly smaller warrior. (And it was a point of pride for Sootfrost, that he was just a touch larger than her, despite being several moons younger.)
"Blizzardstrike! If you aren't going to fight, go fetch more warriors, or Batnose, or help me with Eggfur!" He leaned down, and with a muttered apology, fixed his teeth in Eggfur's scruff to drag her towards a bush, hoping to hide her under there and be able to defend her.
He made it, making sure that his clanmate was as comfortable as possible before turning around to face the ongoing fight. He was ready to jump back in there if things seemed to be going badly, but he had faith in his clanmates.
@FAUX – 236 – soot pls
♔ nickdiazfan
PM
^
WOLFSTEP
 Posted: Jul 14 2015, 09:35 PM
panda
Shadow
warrior
9 posts
750 beetles

mentor: BIRCHBELLY

Merits

N/A

WORDS
wolfstep,
Blackbelly still wasn't speaking to Ferretfoot and in fact, the dark warrior has started to stop speaking to him as well. Of course, it wasn't like his father had completely stopped. Or at least, that was what Wolfstep tried to assure himself as he walked through the ShadowClan woodland, hunting for a piece of prey that would please his father. Maybe if he found something juicy or plump, it would put the older warrior in a better mood and maybe Wolfstep could talk to him about Ferretfoot again.

Really, it wasn't his brother's fault. Anyone in Ferretfoot's position would've probably done the same thing. Wolfstep probably would've done the same thing. Blackbelly didn't believe him, but this was something that the tabby-marked tom knew to be true: being seized with fear was not a remarkable trait, but it was an incredibly normal one. Though the hole that Weaselfur had left in his heart was not yet filled, Wolfstep could understand that. He could understand it, so why couldn't his father?

These were the thoughts the young tom was wrestling with when he heard a terrifying sound: a gultteral yowl echoed off the oaks, sending a spray of woodland birds flying. The warrior's head snapped up, wide-eyed at the sound. What was that? It was a sound he didn't recognize. Once he strained his ears to listen he heard similar sound - hisses and panicked mews -

His clanmates?

For a second, Wolfstep ceased to move. Fight or flight? Should he run back to the camp and tell Adderstar? But tell Adderstar what exactly?

Before he could make a proper decision, a familiar scent rolled off the roof of his mouth. Eggfur...? he blinked. Blood! His heart hammering, the large warrior bolted off in a run towards the scent. He didn't know the mute warrior all that well, but they had been in the apprentice's den at around the same time. If she was hurt, then it was her duty to help. The closer he got, the more the pieces seemed to fit together. Various scents filled the air: Sootfrost, Blizzardstrike, Juniperpaw, Fogheart... the most prominant of them all? Fox! Wolfstep thought with a bit of horror. The tom burst through the bushes and appeared at Juniperpaw's side, just in time it seemed, to see Sootfrost dragging Eggfur's body away.

For a second, a brief second, a thought wriggled it's way into the silvery tom's mind. Was she...? No! Of course not. She couldn't be.

Swallowing thickly, Wolfstep looked up at the fox, blood dripping from her jaws. At his side, Juniperpaw leaped at the fox, kicking out his hindlegs and trying to grab the predator in whatever way he could. Startled, and full of wide-eyed horror at what might happen to the young apprentice if the fox got it's teeth into the young thing, the tom scrabbled after him. He leaped from his position too, teeth pulled back into a snarl as he attempted to distract the Fox. "G-Get away!" he growled, even though it sounded small in his ears. Luckily, though, he was a large cat. At the very least, he'd be able to intimidate the predator. He swiped at the fox's hindlegs, claws unsheathed.

oh, you poor, poor thing. all you have ever wanted was love’s sunlight, but all you ever got were the thunderstorms
PM
^
Blizzardstrike
 Posted: Jul 15 2015, 01:12 PM
Blizzardstrike
N/A posts
beetles

mentor:
apprentice:

Merits

BLIZZARDSTRIKE
You don't see what you possess, a beauty calm and clear; It floods the sky and blurs the darkness like a chandelier.
Everything seemed to move in slow motion through Blizzardstrike's eyes. The fox leaped for the grey apprentice, and Eggfur pushed him out of the way before being ruthlessly attacked. Her claws swiped viciously at the fox's muzzle and face, and blood was spraying across the earth like scarlet confetti. The mountain had only just arrived, and suddenly everything was coated with ruby liquid. The fox dropped Eggfur and pelted towards Jupinderpaw, and in response the little tom leaped towards the russet predator and began to hack and slash whatever he could reach. Sootfrost pelted towards his fallen ivory comrade, nudging her with his dark nose and whispering sweet nothings into her ear. His ash colored head then swiveled towards Blizzardstrike as Wolfstep barreled past, slashing for the fox as well. Sootfrost growled at the mountain, but despite him being phyisically larger than her, the she-cat had more muscle mass than he could ever hope to achieve. "I just got here, Sootfrost and I never expected something like this to be happening. Just get Eggfur out of here!" The mountain snapped, a strange light entering her cold sapphire optics as she turned back towards the fox.

While Wolfstep aimed for the hind legs, Blizzardstrike released a rumbling battle cry before charging into the side of the fox, where snapping jaws could hopefully not reach. Ivory claws flashed like daggers, and the mountain leaped away from the foul canine with a light paw splattered with scarlet. She left a streak or two of torn flesh on the fox's thigh, the ruby liquid beginning to bead along the cuts and occasionally seep into the surrounding wiry fur. It was hard to determine exactly how deep the scratches were, but Blizzardstrike's normally stoic eyes were flashing with a mixture of triumph, excitement, and a strange sort of pleasure.

"Hey, flea-brain!" Blizzardstrike snapped, her thickly furred tail lashing behind her like an ivory snake. She was hoping to help Wolfstep distract her away from Jupinderpaw, who had been greeted with by a mouthful of sharp fangs. The mountain began to bounce from paw to paw occasionally feigning to the left or the right before hopping backwards, trying to hold the fox's attention so that other cats could target it from behind. However, she tried to keep a safe distance between herself at the russet predator so that she wouldn't get speared by those sharp teeth laced with infection causing bacteria.
GAT
Tagged: EVERYONE
SDROW
Words: 405
SETON
Notes: Do not sass the mountain

^
PREDATOR
 Posted: Jul 30 2015, 03:36 PM
Predator
Events
i eat you maybe
9 posts
590 beetles

Merits

N/A

FOXES
the smallest grey cat hurled himself at her, kicking out with his back legs and presumably trying to land on her back. he did not quite manage it, but his claws raked across her side and she yelped in surprise before snarling, snapping at his ears. the soft skin broke under her teeth, rewarding her with the fresh tang of blood.

her satisfaction did not last very long. another blue eyed grey and white cat bolted forward (and at that moment she wondered how many grey cats lived in this forest and why they all happened to attack her at that very moment), yelling something in his silly tiny voice. a snarl rumbled in her throat, and she turned away from the littler one to bare her fangs at the grey and white male. his claws slashed at her hind legs, and she shifted, biting back a shriek as she lunged at him, aiming to bite his neck or shoulder.

the grey and white female bobbed and weaved around her, but she ignored that cat for the moment, intending to dispose of the ones who were actually attacking her first. then she could take down the grey and white female, the grey male, and the injured white one...

((she attacked juni, then wolfstep, and is currently ignoring blizzard))

PM
^
JUNIPERPAW
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 10:36 AM
Sharpie
Shadow
Apprentice
20 posts
350 beetles

Merits

you're a drifter ,
Did it occur to Juniperpaw how reckless his course of action was, as he leaped towards the vixen before them? To put it briefly: not at all. Before him stood a predator, a threat, and instinct bid him to act against it. Juniperpaw, headstrong as ever, had not been able to deny the impulse. Besides, he was no coward and would not have it said that he had backed away in fear whilst his clanmates fought the beast off. With his leap, he closed the distance between himself and the fox quickly and, much to his delight, he felt his claws sink into her side moments later. They did not go very deeply into her flesh, in truth, and he began to slip, his claws dragging--

A sharp and sudden pain pulled a screech from Juniperpaw as the fox' teeth tore into both of his ears, ripping harshly. Juniperpaw released his grip in alarm, falling unceremoniously on his side. He scrambled to his paws a few moments later, blindly, blood dripping down into his eyes. Unaccustomed to such pain, Juniperpaw was not prepared for it as a seasoned warrior may have been and he backed off slowly. He thrashed his head from side to side as he went, trying to get rid of the blood obscuring his vision to no avail.

Finally, he gave up, blinking rapidly...and it was only then that he truly took it in.

That was his sticking in his fur, his blood he could practically taste and the blood of the fox on his paws... it was all too much to take in. Juniperpaw shrank further back, eyes widening and a sick feeling growing in his stomach, panic rising in his chest. The glance he made in Eggfur's direction did little to ease matters.

299 words for gross fox & sc | this post is trash orz
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX.
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

To the left, you will find our tag box. Here is where you can call out to others whom you have replied to, or promote open or ongoing threads. Please do not use this box for chatting, but instead refer to the chat box at the top. We look forward to reading all of your wonderful threads.

happy tagging!
CHECK OUT THESE LOVELY SITES!